Skip to main content
Checking Out Books
The Hilton Library has Open Stacks which means you can browse the shelves to select books.
Bring books to the Library Help Desk to check them out
Your CIA ID card is your library card
You can check books out for 2 weeks and renew once for another 2 weeks
> Learn more about finding books
Search for Books in the Library's Print and eBook Collections
Search the Library Catalog
Search the eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
Search for Books in Other Libraries
Search the collections of libraries in your community and thousands more around the world.
SEAL (SouthEastern Access to Libraries)
Search for books and other resources available in the academic, special, public, and school library community in Southeastern New York.
Mid-Hudson Library System (MHLS)
Search the shared online library catalog of Mid-Hudson Public Libraries and have what you want delivered to your local library. Includes Hyde Park and Dutchess and Ulster Counties.
Interlibrary Loan Request Form for Books
Finding a Book on the Library Shelves
In the Library Catalog, look for:
- Call Number - the "address" of the book on the shelf, e.g. TX 820 .C9676 2011
- Circulation Status - On Shelf, DUE, etc.
There are three locations for books:
- Circulating books you can borrow; located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the Library
- Reserves books set aside by your instructors to be used in the Library; ask for them at the Library Help Desk
- Reference encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, etc. to be used in the Library; located on the main floor (3rd floor)
This table indicates which call numbers are located on each floor.
|Call Number Range
|A - PS 3560
|PS 3561 - TX 556
|TX 557 - Z
The Culinary Institute of America | Conrad N. Hilton Library | 1946 Campus Drive | Hyde Park, NY 12538-1430
Telephone: 845-451-1747 | Email: email@example.com |